Sales Management & Practices
Sales Management & Practices
1. Sales managers need the assistance of an in-house marketing support group, which generally provides which of the services below?
a. Serving as information conduit between management and sales force
b. Providing sales promotion brochures, catalogs, direct mail pieces, etc.
c. Managing field sales activities
d. Achieving sales volume and quotas
2. Drawing conclusions based on the path a customer takes while navigating information on the company website is called:
a. click-stream analysis.
b. data mining.
c. database marketing.
d. CRM intelligence
3. A __________ is a financial sales plan outlining how to allocate resources and selling efforts to achieve the sales forecast.
a. sales potential
b. sales quota
c. sales budget
d. sales audit
4. The fourth step in the procedure for developing sales territories is:
a. conduct an account analysis.
b. develop a salesperson workload analysis.
c. combine geographical control units into territories.
d. assign salespeople to territories.
5. Most firms turn to __________ as their first source of new sales recruits.
c. non-sales personnel within the company
d. non-competing companies
6. The key to achieving successful results from training is to focus on:
b. initial sales training.
c. learning objectives.
d. performance objectives.
7. __________ of motivation provide insights into employees needs for rewards and recognition.
a. Reinforcement theories
b. Content theories
c. Process theories
d. Expectancy theories
8. An audit of sales management functions includes which of the following areas?
a. Sales managers education level
b. Sales force goals and objectives
c. Sales management program deployment
d. Selling costs
9. Which of the following performance factors are considered within the control of the salesperson?
a. Competitive intensity
b. Variations in company support
c. Generating sales revenues
d. Time allocation between account development and account maintenance
10. Lucius Cogburn is a consumer products sales manager for a large east coast manufacturer. He is developing a sales plan for the coming year and is presently involved in making various planning assumptions about the internal company environment and external marketing environment prior to preparing a sales forecast. He is also developing some contingency plans based on different sets of assumptions. What stage of sales planning is Mr. Cogburn in?
a. Situation analysis
b. Opportunities and problems
c. Action programs
d. Performance evaluation systems
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more