Second set of Organizational Theory questions Q1Personnel is a ________ function. a. support b. production c.
1. Personnel is a ________ function. a. support b. production c. maintenance d. managerial
2. Which of the following is an adaptive function? a. sales b. public relations c. engineering d. long-range planning
3. Which of the following is not a maintenance function? a. personnel b. engineering c. market research d. janitorial services
4. Which of the following functions manages the conversion process? a. support b. production c. maintenance d. managerial
5. A subunit of people who possess similar skills or use the same kind of techniques to perform their jobs are termed a ________ subunit. a. function b. task c. division d. department
6. An organizational chart is a drawing that primarily depicts ________. a. differentiation b. integration c. socialization d. standardization
7. A ________ is a classification of people according to authority and rank. a. team b. hierarchy c. norm d. role
8. Motivation problems occur in a tall hierarchy because: a. managers have more authority at each level. b. managers have more responsibility at each level. c. managers have less authority at each level. d. managers make more decisions.
9. Adding more managers to a company results in: a. better decision making. b. flattening of the organizational structure. c. improved communication.
d. higher bureaucratic costs.
10. Parkinson said that the number of managers grows because: a. more decisions can be made. b. managers want to multiply subordinates not rivals. c. managers want fewer subordinates. d. efficiency can be improved.
11. Parkinsons Law states that: a. a division of labor increases efficiency. b. the hierarchy should be based on rational-legal authority. c. organizations should have a maximum of 10 hierarchical levels. d. hierarchies grow because managers make work for one another.
12. ________ states that work expands to fill the time available. a. Parkinsons Law b. The Principle of the minimum chain of command c. Organizational theory d. Span of control
13. ________ states that an organization should choose the minimum number of hierarchical levels consistent with its goals and the environment in which it operates. a. Parkinsons Law b. The Principle of the minimum chain of command c. Organizational theory d. Span of control
14. Production, marketing and sales have little opportunity to specialize in the needs of a customer group. This is a ________ problem associated with a functional structure. a. communication b. customer c. location d. strategic
15. Top managers spend so much time resolving everyday problems that they cant address long-term company issues. This is a ________ problem associated with the functional structure. a. customer b. location c. measurement d. strategic
16. Location problems occur in a ________ structure. a. functional b. geographic c. multidivisional d. matrix
17. ________ can sometimes overcome control problems in a functional structure, making it unnecessary to move to a more complex structure. a. Improving integration b. Increasing horizontal differentiation c. Increasing vertical differentiation d. Diversification
18. The move to a more complex structure is based on all design choices except: a. increasing vertical differentiation. b. increasing horizontal differentiation. c. increasing integration. d. increasing formalization.
19. When a company moves from a functional structure to a divisional structure, it generally: a. increases horizontal differentiation and reduces vertical differentiation. b. increases vertical differentiation and decreases horizontal differentiation. c. increases vertical differentiation and increases horizontal differentiation. d. does not change differentiation but increases integration
. 20. Which of the following is a disadvantage of the institutionalized role orientation? a. Many members do not fit in. b. Members have difficulty responding to changing conditions. c. Managers have difficulty creating an ethical culture. d. Members behave in unpredictable ways.
21. Which of the following allows new organizational members to try new norms and values? a. an individualized role orientation b. an institutionalized role orientation c. socialization d. a narrow stance on social responsibility
22. ________ role orientation results when individuals are taught to respond to a new context in the same way that existing organizational members respond to it. a. Institutional b. Individual c. Informal d. Decentralized
23. ________ role orientation results when individuals are allowed and encouraged to be creative and to experiment with changing norms and values to better achieve organizational values. a. Cultural b. Formal c. Individual d. Social
24. Which of the following socialization tactics leads to an institutionalized role orientation? a. Informal b. Serial c. Disjunctive d. Investiture
25. Which of the following socialization tactics leads to an individualized role orientation? a. Formal b. Serial c. Disjunctive d. Divestiture
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more