Soc 312 Week 5 Parent Handbook Powerpoint New 14 Slides Your
SOC 312 Week 5 Parent Handbook PowerPoint (New) [14 Slides]
Your good friends have just adopted a four-year-old child. At this point, the only socialization decision they have made is that the child is going to preschool. You are the expert, and they have come to you for advice and to devise a plan to raise their child. They ask you to be frank with them and give them specific examples to support your opinions. They are determined to raise this child to the best of their ability. Since they are new parents, they need advice on everything!
The summative assignment is to develop a user-friendly PowerPoint book of suggestions. The book will demonstrate your understanding of the material by applying the major topics discussed in the course to a real situation.
The Final Project must include:
1. Title Slide (one slide).
2. Introduction of the material for the new adoptive parents (one to two slides).
3. At least 12 slides summarizing each of the items listed below (one to two slides for each item).
4. An image that represents each item.
5. Conclusion slide that clearly explains why the parents should review this material (one to two slides).
6. Reference slide with at least three scholarly resources and the course text all properly cited (one slide).
Writing the Final Project
1. Summarize Bronfenbrenner’s ecological model and describe why it is important for them to be aware of this theory (one to two slides).
2. Suggest and explain a parenting style/philosophy (authoritarian, authoritative, or permissive) that you believe will be most beneficial for the child and the family (one to two slides).
3. Explain which childcare (Nanny, Center-based ,or Family-based care) option (before/during/after preschool) you think is best for the child and why (one to two slides).
4. Share specific suggestions, at least two to implement safe technology use in the home. Explain how the media can (both positively and negatively) influence the child (one to two slides).
5. Describe at least two researched methods to increase the child’s self-esteem and positive attitude (one to two slides).
6. Differentiate between the importance of socialization that occurs in the home and at school. Explain the importance of both (separate) venues being a positive haven for the child (one to two slides).
7. Explain the importance of the teachers role in the child’s life. Give examples of how the school and the teacher will affect the child’s socialization (one to two slides).
8. Share the importance of positive peer interactions. Give two examples for parents to implement at home to foster friendships (one to two slides).
The PowerPoint presentation must include a minimum of 12 slides. Students are encouraged to creatively address the material and include graphics, visuals, charts, graphs, and/or sound. Slides should be designed to clearly and concisely address the material. The PowerPoint presentation must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Include a title slide, reference slide, and citations within the slides when appropriate. Students must use at least three scholarly sources and the course text. The Final Project will contribute to 20% of the course grade. In addition to submitting your presentation for grading, you can share your presentation with your classmates by posting it in the Doc Sharing tool.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more