Stats wk 4
Problem Set Week Five
- Create a correlation table for the variables in our Employee Salary Data Set. (Use analysis ToolPak or StatPlus:mac LE function Correlation).
- Reviewing the data levels from week 1, what variables can be used in a Pearsonâ€™s Correlation Table (which is what Excel produces)?
- Place the table here.
- Using r= approximately .28 as the significant r value (at p = .05) for a correlation between 50 values, what variables are significantly related to salary? To compa?
- Looking at the above correlations â€“ both significant or not â€“ are there any surprises â€“ by that I mean any relationships you expected to be meaningful and are not, and vice-versa?
- Does this information help us answer our equal pay for equal work question?
- Below is a regression analysis for salary being predicted/explained by the other variables in our sample (Midpoint, age, performance rating, service, raise, and degree variables). Note: since salary and compa are different ways of expressing an employeeâ€™s salary, we do not want to have both used in the same regression. Please interpret the findings.
- Perform a regression analysis using compa as the dependent variable and the same independent variables as used in question 2. Show the result, and interpret your findings by answering the same questions.
Note: be sure to include the appropriate hypothesis statements.
- Based on all of your results to date, is gender a factor in the pay practices of this company? If so, which gender gets paid more? How do we know? Which is the best variable to use in analyzing pay practices – salary or compa? Why? What is the most interesting or surprising thing about the results we got doing the analyses during the last 5 weeks?
- Why did the single factor tests and analysis (such as t and single factor ANOVA tests on salary equality) not provide a complete answer to our salary equality question? What outcomes in your life or work might benefit from a multiple regression examination rather than a simpler one variable test?
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more