Strayer CIS512 Week 3 Assignment 1 Numerical Precision
CIS 512 Week 3 Assignment 1 Numerical Precision
Assignment 1:Numerical Precision
The storage and representation of numbers in a computer can lead to costly mistakes because of precision errors. When using floating point numbers, one must make sure that the correct number of digits is used in a calculation because rounding errors can produce values that lead to errors. Consider the floating point format, exponential format, and binary coded decimal (BCD).
Write a four to five (4-5) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze the floating point format in order to:
a. Determine how floating point numbers are stored in memory.
b. Discuss the ease or difficulty of manipulating and using floating point numbers in arithmetic calculations.
2. Determine whether or not you believe that the floating point format is memory efficient. Provide a rationale to support your answer.
3. Analyze the format used to store numbers using the binary coded decimal format. Determine whether the BCD format is more or less memory efficient than the floating point format.
4. Compare and contrast the BCD format to the floating point format in terms of:
b. performance in calculations
c. memory usage
5. Select the format (floating point format, binary coded decimal (BCD), or exponential format) that you would recommend for processing efficiency and explain why.
6. Floating point numbers can introduce rounding errors in the banking industry, which may lead to financial benefit for the bank but not for the customer. Analyze the ethics of knowingly benefitting from rounding errors. Propose a plan on how the rounding error should be handled.
7. Differentiate between the exponential format and the floating point format in terms of:
b. processing speed
8. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Assignment must be written in APA style and include in-text citations.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more