The Hypocrisy of American Slavery Essay
Read pages 432-450 of Chapter 12, and do Review Questions 1-5 at the end of the chapter in the blog below.
Additionally, read Frederick Douglass’ “The Hypocrisy of American Slavery” and then write me a paragraph in the same blog that explains what you feel was the goal of this speech. Make sure to include a quote that you feel gets Douglass’ point across most effectively.
1. How did the utopian communities challenge existing ideas about property and marriage? The utopian communities challenge existing ideas about property and marriage by prohibiting sexual relations between men and women altogether, others allowed them to change partners at will and the abolition of private property must be accompanied by an end to men’s property in women.
2. How did the supporters and opponents of temperance understand the meaning of freedom differently? The supporters and opponents of temperance understand the meaning of freedom differently because they believed that ban of alcoholic beverages would eliminate a number of problems in the US. Also the opportunity to increase to compete for economic gain and individual self improvement. Freedom was understand to have self control with moral and religious standards.
3. What were the similarities and differences between the common school and institutions like asylums, orphanages, and prisons that were created by reformers?
The similarities and differences between the common school and institution like asylums, orphanages, and prisons that were created by reformers are the similarities were the intent to remake human beings into free, morally upright citizens and shared with communitarians and religious believers. Also, become productive, self disciplined citizens. The difference were common school and institution was open to all children and were getting educated, a free training for individuals. In asylum the poor will receive a temporary home, orphanages will love with neighbors give those children a place to go and prison for punishment of crime.
4. Why did so many prominent while Americans, from both the North and South, support the colonization of freed slaves? Many prominent while Americans, both the North and South, supported the colonization of free slaves because their resolution insisted that they were entitled to the same freedom and rights enjoyed by the whites. North argued that Slaves should be freed, but the difficulties posed by racial integration would best be avoided by sending freed slaves to Africa. South, wanted to avoid the problem of the increasing black population in America. Means of avoiding rebellions
5. How was the abolition movement affected by other social and economic changes such as the rise in literacy, new print technology, and ideas associated with the market revolution? The abolition movement affected by other social and economic changes such as the rise in literacy, new print technology, and ideas associated with the market revolution because it was movement to free the slaves and give them rights. abolitionists wanted to free and receive American freedom, have rights like other white individuals, they also wanted to have rights for self improvement and to be able to have the opportunity to rise from the lower class.
The Goal of Frederick Douglass in the speech “The Hypocrisy of American Slavery” was to really give his point of view and critiques the Americans in the celebration of the 4th of July. A celebration that remind you of freedom, when there are still slaves inside the country. He explains mean while the whites begins to celebrate their freedom and rights, the blacks continued to face injustices and who were denied basic rights. Where I feel Douglass’ point across more effectively is in the quote “Go search where you will, roam through all the monarchies and despotisms of the Old World, travel through South America, search out every abuse and when you have found the last, lay your facts by the side of the everyday practices of this nation, and you will say with me that, for revolting barbarity and shameless hypocrisy, America reigns without a rival.” Meaning crudeness works better here, because it portrays the uncivilized and basic disposition of the US.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more