unit 4 DB
Two companies start up at the same time. Company A claims their annual profits follow a linear model, P(x) = 10x âˆ’ 7 where x is the number of units sold and x â‰¥ 1 . Company B claims that their annual profits follow a radical model, P(x)=15 âˆš (x âˆ’ 1) + 3 or P(x) = 15sqrt(x âˆ’ 1) + 3, where x is the number of units sold and x â‰¥ 1. It is your job to investigate the validity of each claim.
1. Choose five values for x to plug into the linear function, P(x) = 10x âˆ’ 7 and create a table of values.
2. Use the same five x values to plug into the radical function, P(x)=15 âˆš x âˆ’ 1 + 3 or P(x) = 15sqrt(x âˆ’ 1) + 3, and create a table of values.
3. Using the table of values from parts 1 and 2 graph both functions. Upload the graph as an attachment to your post, or paste it directly into the DB using the Paste as HTML feature or Picture feature of the toolbar.
4. Using the graphs from part 3 compare the profits of each company and evaluate their claims. Which model seems more realistic, the linear or radical model, and why?
5. Of the function types you have studied so farâ€”linear, quadratic, radical, or rationalâ€”which function type is more likely to represent a real profit function for a real company? Give a scenario for a specific type of company, and then give justification for why you chose that function type for that type of company.
NOTE: Because most graphics will not show up in the DB thread when copied and pasted there, you may insert your graphs into a Word document and attach that Word document to the DB thread.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more