Week 3 – Professor Kern only
Strategic Planning and Budgeting (Thursday)
Imagine you are considering the possibility of operating a small business or practice related to health care, either as a provider of some sort of care or as a service intended to support various provider organizations in their care-delivery activities.
- Describe the kind of entity you plan to establish by stating the service or services you propose to deliver and the kinds of clients or customers you would be serving.
- Write a few sentences offering compelling reasons for your proposed venture, explaining why you believe it is needed and by whom it is needed. Also discuss any competition you foresee.
- Develop an estimate of how much money you will require to become established your business, and state how you would finance your venture. Also discuss your plan for maintaining your budget.
- Create a mission or vision statement for your organization.
Committees and Teams (Thursday)
Select either Option A or Option B to respond to and indicate within your post which option you chose.
Option A : Identify what you believe are the top three challenges in setting up a hospital-based committee from a managerial perspective. In a 250- to 300- word post, discuss your rationale and address the following questions:
- Why are committees advantageous for health care organizations?
- What are some of the steps that you, as a manager, could take to overcome these challenges?
- How would you address conflict and/or divisiveness within the committee or team?
Option B : Committees have been determined as a necessary component to health care organizations. As a manager, you have been tasked to set up a committee with one of the hospital departments. In doing so, in a 250-300 word post, consider the following questions:
- How much influence should the committee have in the overall management structure?
- How would you maintain authority without adopting an autocratic leadership style?
- How would you set up an employee team without violating union and labors laws?
Senior Project Progress Report (Sunday)
Complete a two to three page (excluding title and reference pages) report on the progress you have made to date on your Senior Project. You must use a minimum of three scholarly sources. Your report, and any citations used, must be in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Your progress report should cover the following:
- Topic: Identify the topic that you have selected for your Senior Project and provide a brief explanation for why you have chosen to address this topic *This may be copied from the Week Two assignment if evaluated as Distinguished Performance. Otherwise, make adjustments per Week Two feedback.
- Organization Specific Rationale: Provide a brief overview of the health care organization that you have selected for your Senior Project including a summary of the challenges and/or opportunities impacting the balance between health care costs, quality, and access to services that the organization is currently facing. The challenges and/or opportunities should directly relate to your rationale for why you have chosen your topic (i.e., training program) to help the organizational leaders manage this challenge/opportunity. Challenges and/or opportunities should be grounded in the research (e.g., web-based resources, electronic articles, or personal interviews). The more informed you are, the better prepared you will be to complete your Senior Project.
- Training: Identify the audience for your training program and provide a brief outline of the topics it will address. Include a minimum of three to five learning outcomes that are targeted for your identified audience. Specifically, what do you want your audience to know and/or be able to do after they have completed training? How does this training program align with the overall challenges and/or opportunities that the organization is facing? Overall, how will the training program benefit the organization?
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more