week 4 assignment
Assignment 2: LASA 1â€”Preliminary Strategic Audit
The end result of this course is developing a strategic audit. In this module you will outline and draft a preliminary framework for your final product. This provides the student with the opportunity to get feedback before a final submission.
In Module 1, you reviewed the instructions for the capstone strategic audit assignment and grading rubric due in Module 7. By now you have completed the following steps:
- Identified the organization for your report
- Interviewed key mid-level and senior level managers
- Created a market position analysis
- Conducted an external environmental scan in preparation of your final report and presentation
In this assignment, you will generate a preliminary strategy audit in preparation for your final course project.
- In preparation for your course project, prepare the preliminary strategy audit using the tools and framework you have focused on so far including:
- Analysis of the company value proposition, market position, and competitive advantage
- External environmental scan/five forces analysis
- Identify the most important (5â€“7) strategic issues facing the organization or business unit.
- You may modify the strategic issues in your final report based on the additional analysis you will conduct in the next two modules as well as the feedback you receive on this paper from your instructor.
- Keep in mind it is important to look at the strategic issue(s) from more than just one perspective in the business unit or companyâ€”speak to or research the issue from more than one angle to offer a 360Â° approach that doesnâ€™t cause more problems/issues.
- Strategic issues arise from a mismatch between internal capabilities and external trends such that important opportunities are not being pursued or significant external threats are not being addressed under the current strategy.
- Include a preliminary set of recommended tactics for improving your companyâ€™s strategic alignment and operating performance.
- You may modify these recommendations in your final report based on the additional analysis you will conduct in the next two modules as well as the feedback you receive on this paper from your instructor.
- Keep in mind that recommendations can include but are not limited to tactics in marketing, branding, alliances, mergers/acquisitions, integration, product development, diversification or divestiture, and globalization. If you recommend your company to go global, you must include a supply chain analysis and an analysis of your firmâ€™s global capabilities.
- Write your report as though you are a consultant to your company and are addressing the executive officers of this company.
- Make sure your writing is clear, concise, and in an organized manner; demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Write a 7â€“10 page report (see number 4 above) in Word format.
Use The following format:
- Cover page
- Executive Summary / Abstract
- Table of Contents
- Introduction to Company (each subsection should be an assessment)
- Value proposition
- Market position
- Competitive advantage
- External Environmental Scan/Five Forces Analysis
- Current environment
- Assessment of external factors applying five forces
- Strategic Issues
- Label each issue and provide a header and the reason for why it is an issue
- Summary / Key Findings and Recommendations
Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more