Writing Assignment 1
You are required to submit your paper to the Writing Lab prior to submitting it to me. Once I grade your paper, the grade will be final.
You are to write a current event paper, approximately 750 words in length, consisting of a summary and analysis of a current event having to do with American government and/or politics. You must cite a minimum of five references (sources) in the paper and include a works cited page at the end of the assignment to provide full bibliographic information for each of the references that was cited in the text of the paper.
Students should use New Times Roman or Arial 12 point as the paper’s font, double space the text, and create one inch margins on all four sides of the page. In addition, the assignment should be formatted according to MLA style. Please go to here before starting your paper: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xAc4yZ8VSA. See attached format.
All papers must be submitted to the Writing Lab prior to turning it in to me. Submit your papers a minimum of 48 hours to the Writing Lab, before it is due.
To get to the Writing Lab:
1. Look at the top of your screen.
2. Click on “Organizations and Tutoring”
3. Click on “The Writing Lab”
4. The Writing Lab needs a minimum of 72 hours to review your paper before getting it back to you. Ensure to plan accordingly since your paper is due at the end of week 6.
5. Employ all changes the Writing Lab has suggested. You are welcome to submit your paper more than once to the Writing Lab (I encourage you to do this).
6. The Writing Lab does NOT check for plagiarism. You may ask the Writing Lab to check however, it is your responsibility to ensure that all of your work is properly cited.
The current event paper should have the following elements:
- Provide a thorough, but brief, summary of the political issue. An understanding of the issue should be developed by reading the articles uncovered during research for the assignment. The information provided in the summary will lay the foundation for you to react and respond to (analyze) the political issue. Be sure to properly cite within the text (according to MLA style) any information that you obtained from one of your sources. Citations must be provided, even for paraphrased information.
- Present your perspective on the political issue. Think critically about the topic discussed in the articles and clearly express your thoughts about it in writing. Consider eight standards for critical thinking (Paul and Elder, 2103): clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, and fairness. Ask questions, such as
- How can I validate the accuracy of my statement?
- How is this information relevant?
- How does my conclusion address the complexities of the issue?
- What is another interpretation or viewpoint of the issue?
- Does my conclusion follow from the data and/or statements I have provided?
Grading will be based on the following criteria:
Thesis and Support
Complete your assignment using word-processing software such as MS Word, Open Office (download free software at http://www.openoffice.org/), or other per course requirements. Submit your assignment by selecting the title link, browsing to, and attaching your saved file. Make sure to select SUBMIT. You may view your posting both on this page and under My Grades (available under Tools).
Label your paper with Last Name and 1. Example: “Smith1” Files must be submitted as an rtf. file.
Study Acers provides students with tutoring and help them save time, and excel in their courses. Students LOVE us!No matter what kind of essay paper you need, it is simple and secure to hire an essay writer for a price you can afford at StudyAcers. Save more time for yourself. Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more